Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mothers' Day

Is hard for me for obvious reasons. But also for not so obvious ones.

It's hard because all who know me and know the truth ignore the fact that I am a mom. While I don't expect any expensive gifts, it would be nice to be acknowledged with the others on that day whose children are living.

I went through labor and child birth twice and have no children. I saw my first born in the hazardous waste bin after the abortion. My second was too early in the pregnancy to look like anything recognizable. I have never even seen him. (Just a guess, don't know if it was a boy; the girl I saw.)

It's really hard that no one acknowledges my cbildren on that day. Not me, but them. They get ignored and hidden once more. I am a mom. I have two children.

And I miss them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been reading your writing, and I just want to hug you. Please know I'm praying for you. I have 2 little ones in heaven and Mothers Day is hard for me too. I named mine (Angelica and Jeremy), and I find some comfort in that. Even if nobody else knows that they are your children, you do. I hope you are doing well.